COOPERATIVE means working together. We work with one another to provide a great nursery school experience for our children, a learning experience for ourselves, and service to our director and the community.
The parent nursery school is a place where the whole family learns together. This is a family-centered school rather than a child-centered school. A varied program for both parents and children is possible because:
- Many individuals participate in the planning.
- Every adult and child has a unique and valuable contribution to make.
- Fresh approaches are possible.
- Each person may contribute what he/she feels most comfortable and competent in doing.
- Each member of the school has a responsibility for working in and administering the school.
- Participate in the classroom
- Provide assistance with a school job (i.e. help with the school newsletter, purchasing of school materials or possibly serving on our Board of Directors)
- Providing assistance with our major fundraiser. (i.e. ticket sales, donations, and event committee work)
- Two work parties per year
- Meetings (there is a mandatory meeting once a month)
- Weekend Maintenance
- Service project