- To encourage and develop in parents a deeper understanding of the principles of child welfare and parent-child relationships.
- To establish a preschool program under the supervision of a trained teacher, which will provide recreational and educational activities for preschool children designed to encourage their best growth and development.
- To engage in such activities as may contribute to maintaining the strength and membership of the association so as to enable it to serve the foregoing purposes.
COOPERATIVE means working together. We work with one another to provide a great preschool experience for our children, a learning experience for ourselves, and service to our director and the community.
A parent nursery school is a place where the whole family learns together. This is a family-centered school rather than a child-centered school. A varied preschool program for both parents and children is possible because:
- Many individuals participate in the planning.
- Every adult and child has a unique and valuable contribution to make.
- Fresh approaches are possible.
- Each person may contribute what he/she feels most comfortable and competent in doing.
- Each member of the school has a responsibility for working in and administering the school.
- Participate in the classroom
- Provide assistance with a school job (i.e. help with the school newsletter, purchasing of school materials or possibly serving on our Board of Directors)
- Providing assistance with our major fundraiser. (i.e. ticket sales, donations, and event committee work)
- Two work parties per year
- Meetings (there is a mandatory meeting once a month)
- Weekend Maintenance
- Service project